Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Eli and Jenna!!



So, I thought that it was high time that I post some videos of Eli and I's birthday here in Connecticut that happened like two months ago :-). I decided this year to start a tradition of letting Eli help me make our cakes. I'll admit there were times when I was like "now why did I think this was a good idea?" but in the end it was really fun! I think the best part was when Eli was helping me get the ingredients ready for the frosting. I had put the egg whites in the glass bowl, and I had it down low so that Eli could sit next to it and help me put in the other ingredients and when I stepped away to grab a measuring spoon for him, I hear "hat!" and turned around in time to see him try to put the bowl on as a hat and dump egg whites on himself :-).

Eli's cake is supposed to be a doughnut with sprinkles because those are his favorite, and mine is the other circle cake with the doughnut hole on top :-). Eli liked helping with the candles so they all went in the cake. This is a public blog, so I won't tell you my real age, but I am still younger than 49 :-) (it takes two boxes of candles to do both Eli and I's ages, but not too FULL boxes just yet, though that would be a fun math problem).

Sorry about there being no pictures. I'm in the process of reorganizing my closet where I think that the charge cord for our regular camera must be hiding. I'm thinking that Eli might have been trying to be funny when he was finding places for the sprinkles, either way I was playing these videos for him the other day and he would just laugh and laugh every time he heard himself on the video saying that a spot needed sprinkles :-)


*Wow so I just realized I started this a long time ago and never posted it, I probably meant to add to it, so I'll read it later and check, for now I'll just post it :-)*

No comments:

Post a Comment